These terms and conditions of sale apply to any order you place through OceanReefBathrooms.co.uk
These terms and conditions of sale ("Terms and Conditions of Sale") apply to any order you place through www.oceanreefbathrooms.co.uk (the "Website"). These Terms and Conditions of Sale apply regardless of how you access the Website, including via any technologies or devices by which Ocean Reef Bathrooms Ltd makes the Website available to You at home, on the move or in store.
You must read these Terms and Conditions of Sale carefully. By placing an order through the Website, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these General Terms and Conditions of Sale in their entirety.
If you do not agree to these General Terms and Conditions of Sale in their entirety, you must not order any product or service through the Website.
Placing an Order
Acceptance of your order
Please note that completion of the online checkout process does not constitute our acceptance of your offer to purchase products or services from us. Our acceptance of your order will take place only when we despatch the product(s) or commencement of the services that you ordered from us. Prior to despatch of the product(s), Ocean Reef Bathrooms Ltd has the right to decline an order for any reason, including legal and regulatory reasons.
We will notify you by email as soon as possible to acknowledge that we have received and are processing your order. The duration of our contract with you will start from when you order and we take payment and dispatch the products, until the last day of your right to cancel.
If we cannot supply you with the product or service you ordered, we will not process your order, inform you of this in writing (including email) and, if you have already paid for the product or service, refund you in full as soon as reasonably possible.
If the fulfilment of an order (or any aspect of it) would be illegal or unlawful, including by reason of breach of export controls or sanctions rules, Ocean Reef Bathrooms Ltd has the right to stop or cease to fulfil the order at any time, including after despatch of products and/or notification to you that the order has been received and is being processed. You acknowledge that Ocean Reef Bathrooms Ltd shall incur no liability in such circumstances.
All card payments are subject to authorisation by your card issuer. We take payment immediately for most products, where in most circumstances, we take payment at the earliest order deadline for the products you have ordered.
All products ordered will remain the property of Ocean Reef Bathrooms until we have delivered the products to the address specified by you. If your payment is not received and you have already received the products you ordered from us, you must pay for or return those products to us in accordance with our reasonable return instructions and in the same condition that you received them at your own expense. If you do not do this within 30 days of the date on which we cancel your order, we may collect or arrange for collection of the products at your expense. We reserve the right to charge you for any and all damage to (or other adverse interference with) any products that are the subject of an unpaid order.
It is the responsibility of You the customer to ensure the correct goods have been received against the items ordered upon delivery.
Delivery timescales can vary depending on the type of products ordered and the delivery address. Delivery dates are given in good faith but are estimates only. Delivery dates will be confirmed when the order has been processed.
Whilst every reasonable attempt will be made to deliver on the agreed date, where we are unable, for whatever reason, to complete the delivery, no compensation will be paid and the consignment will be delivered on the next available date.
Please note that certain products may be subject to delivery restrictions and/or timescales. In particular:
- Furniture can only be delivered within the UK mainland and Northern Ireland and a signature will be required on receipt. We are unable to deliver furniture to the Orkney islands or those areas specifically excluded below.
- You must provide the necessary labour for unloading the goods and unloading is to be completed with reasonable speed. If the delivery vehicle is kept waiting for an unreasonable time, or is obliged to return without completing delivery, or if We provide additional staff to unload goods, an additional charge may be made.
- If the product does not fit into your home, it will be classed as a cancelled order and costs will be incurred by you.
- The crew will ask you to inspect your items carefully before signing for delivery and any assembly. Once installed or unpackaged the goods cannot be returned as incorrect items. If you’re dissatisfied for any reason, please inform the crew.
- A signature on receipt will be required.
Delivery will be to the UK address specified in your order. If no one is available at a residential or other address at the time of delivery, a note will be left to advise whether your order has been left in a safe place e.g. with a neighbour, or returned to depot.
All orders will be delivered complete. Requests to split deliveries, for whatever reason, will incur additional charges.
All risk in the products you order (including risk of loss and/or damage to the products) shall pass to you when they are delivered to the delivery address specified in your order.
We shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver products if the delay or failure is wholly or partly caused by circumstances beyond our control.
Postcode areas not covered by delivery vehicles
HS, IV12-63, PH6, 8-11, 15-50, PA20-78, KA19, 26, 27, G63, 83, 84, FK8, 17-21, AB33-38, 43, 45, 51-56, KW, ZE, ML12, DG5-9, 13, 14, TD9-15, DL8, 11-13, LD, SY5-25, LL21, 23-25, 36-53, SA33-73, JE, GY, IM
Deliveries to these areas can be arranged and charges quoted at time of enquiry, and will depend on product and quantity required. To arrange delivery to one of these areas please contact us.
Charges are detailed below. Standard delivery charges apply to weekdays only. Surcharges apply to remote areas.
Weekend deliveries are by special arrangement, such services utilising a third party Carrier, for which a surcharge will apply.
Deliveries in to Congestion Zone areas will incur a surcharge of £5.00 per order. When multiple items are required there will be a single charge at the higher rate, when delivered on our own vehicle.
- Small items e.g. brassware, showers, accessories, pumps (via carrier or own vehicle): £7.00
- Medium items e.g. ceramics, tray, furniture (on own vehicle): £13.50
- Large items e.g. enclosures, baths (on own vehicle): £25.00
- Pallet deliveries (via carrier): £50.00
- Oversized (via carrier): Price On Application
- Delivery to areas not covered by own vehicle: Price On Application
These prices will be reviewed annually.
Delivery costs will be charged at the single highest rate if multiple items are ordered, one charge per delivery. Of you have a query about your delivery costs please contact us.
Where the supply of your product(s) is delayed or prevented for reasons beyond our control (for example, material shortages, import delays or higher than anticipated demand) we will make every effort to keep you informed but shall be under no liability to you for such delay or failure.
Changes to your order
Any changes to your order must be notified to us in writing and within a reasonable time. If you amend or change your order you may find there are changes to your delivery timetable and / or the price you pay for the item (you will be charged the current selling price on the day you amend your order).
Returns and cancellations
If you are contracting with us as a consumer online or by phone, you have the right to cancel (under the Consumer Rights Directive 2011/83 as implemented in the applicable EU member state ("CRD")), all or part of your contract at any time up to 14 calendar days after the day on which you receive the goods or services you ordered.
Ocean Reef Bathrooms will process your refund with 14 days of receipt of the products, to the specified address. You must take reasonable care of the goods while in your possession and they must be returned to us before we can issue your refund.
Specified Returns Address
Ocean Reef Bathrooms Ltd
18 Bridge Street
For further information about your statutory rights, contact your local authority Trading Standards department or consumer advice centre (for example the Citizen’s Advice Bureau if you are in the UK). If you are a non-EU customer, please see our international returns policy.
If you wish to return (or are considering cancelling) a product you have ordered from us, please be aware of the following terms that apply:
- Damaged or incorrectly supplied products: You should check all products you receive against your order. If the products you receive are damaged or incorrectly supplied it is important to refuse the delivery. If you are unable to view the items on receipt, you must inform us (by post, phone or email only) within 3 days. We will gladly arrange for collection of good received in error if we are notified within 3 days of delivery. It is the responsibility of You the customer to ensure the good remain in resalable condition until the goods have been collected. All goods will be inspected and we reserve the right to refuse credit for any item where we consider the packaging or product unsuitable for re-sale.
- Damage during the course of returning products: If you choose to return any products to us, we will not be responsible for any loss or damage to them in transit and, for this reason, we recommend that you use a recorded delivery service. If returned products are lost or damaged in transit, we reserve the right to charge you (or not to refund any amounts attributable to) such loss or damage.
- Other cancellations: If you want to return products that are not damaged or incorrectly supplied, then you must inform us of this within 14 calendar days the day after you receive the goods or services in accordance with the CRD or otherwise as soon as possible. Requests for goods to be returned will be discussed on an individual basis. Please contact us if you would like to cancel or return a product. If agreed, there may be a re-stocking fee applied of a minimum of 25% of the item value.
This is not intended to be a full statement of all your rights under the CRD. Full details of your rights under the CRD are available in the UK from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or your Local Authority’s Trading Standards Office.
You must take reasonable care of the products that you wish to cancel. Products should be returned in or with their original packaging or collection arrangements made, promptly at your cost which will be notified to you at the time of cancellation. All good will be inspected and we reserve the right to refuse credit for any item where we consider the packaging unsuitable for re-sale. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Where we deliver products to a third party in accordance with your order, you will only be able to exercise this cancellation right if you can return the goods to us (or arrange for us to collect them).
In the case of damaged or incorrectly supplied goods, we may offer you a replacement product. Any refunds given by us will be made to the debit/credit card account provided when you placed your order and will be subject to our right to withhold amounts for products which are damaged on return or for which we arrange collection, as outlined above.
If you choose to return any products to us, we will not be responsible for any loss or damage to them in transit and, for this reason, we recommend that you use a recorded delivery service. If returned products are lost or damaged in transit, we reserve the right to charge you (or not to refund any amounts attributable to) such loss or damage.
Product and service descriptions
We have taken reasonable precautions to try to ensure that prices quoted on the Website are correct and that all products have been fairly described. However, when ordering products or services through the Website, please note that:
- orders will only be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or services or their prices as advertised on this Website;
- all prices are displayed in pounds Sterling and are exclusive of UK VAT unless expressly indicated otherwise (VAT is added at checkout);
- packaging may vary from that shown on the Website;
- the weights, dimensions and capacities shown on the Website are approximate only;
- whilst we try to display the colours of our products accurately on the Website, the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor and we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery
- all items are subject to availability. We will inform you as soon as possible if the product(s) or service(s) you have ordered are not available and we may offer alternative product(s) or service(s) of equal or higher quality and value.
You agree that you will not use, sell or supply any product(s) purchased from Ocean Reef Bathrooms Ltd in an unlawful manner and, in particular, will comply with all export controls and sanctions rules.
Details of individual product guarantees are provided in product descriptions.
Delivery periods for special orders (incl. Whirlpool baths) cannot be guaranteed. Special order cancellation will only be accepted in writing (including email), an can only b accepted prior to production or dispatch of the article, and with the consent of the manufacturer. Products that have been specially ordered will not be accepted for return to our stock.
There are certain liabilities which we cannot exclude by law and nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence or for fraud.
You have certain rights as a consumer, including legal rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods. For further information about your legal rights in the UK, contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizen’s Advice Bureau. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will affect these legal rights and, in particular, we will perform our obligations under these Terms and Conditions with reasonable care and skill.
Any products we supply to you will be of satisfactory quality. If we deliver a product to you that is not of satisfactory quality, you can contact us for a repair or replacement or, where this is not possible, for a refund.
We are only responsible for losses that are a natural, foreseeable consequence of our breach of these Terms and Conditions. We will not be liable to you if we are prevented or delayed from complying with our obligations under these Terms and Conditions by anything you (or anyone acting on your behalf) does or fails to do or due to events which are beyond our reasonable control.
You must follow any advice we give you to keep products we supply to you safe (including any instructions or product manuals provided with the products). We cannot accept liability for damage to products we have supplied which is caused by your failure to follow this advice.
In any event we will not be liable for any losses related to any business of yours including (without limitation) lost data, lost profits, lost revenues or business interruption.
Assignment, waiver and third party rights
We may update or amend these Terms and Conditions of Sale from time to time to comply with law or to meet our changing business requirements without notice to you. Any updates or amendments will be posted on the Website.
You may not assign or sub-contract any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions of Sale to any third party unless we agree in writing.
We may assign, transfer or sub-contract any of our rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions of Sale to any third party at our discretion.
No relaxation or delay by us in exercising any right or remedy under these Terms and Conditions of Sale shall operate as waiver of that right or remedy or shall affect our ability to subsequently exercise that right or remedy. Any waiver must be agreed by us in writing.
Only you and we shall be entitled to enforce these Terms and Conditions of Sale. No third party shall be entitled to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions of Sale, whether by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
These Terms and Conditions of Sale are governed by the laws of Scotland and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.